The Cyprus-Austria Business Association was established in June 2010. It operates in strong collaboration with the public and private sector and functions under the auspices of the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry in order to promote and strengthen the business relations between Cyprus and Austria. It also supports the businesses that might benefit from a stronger and more organised economic collaboration between the two markets.
The Association is supported in its efforts to promote trade between the two countries by the Embassy of Austria in Cyprus, the Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Tourism of Cyprus, and other governmental and private institutions in Cyprus.
Members to the Association can be individuals and/or legal entities of Cypriot or Austrian origin that have notable and distinguished contribution to the Business community.
The role and activities of the Association can be divided in two distinct levels of operation:
(A) On a National/International level:
- To establish an interaction on an economic as well as social level between Cypriot and Austrian business people and professionals.
- To further enhance and reinforce commercial and economic relationships between Cyprus and Austria.
- To offer members access to the Cyprus and Austrian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and their exhaustive network and database of business contacts in order to allow them to interact, trade and form strong bonds, and consolidate their activities between themselves and their counterparts abroad.
(B) On an Individual level:
- To inform Cypriot and Austrian business people of the availability of resources that will help them locate products, services business partners, and to be advised as to how best to introduce and promote their companies in the markets of both countries and the wider market of the European Union.
- To encourage “networking” for the promotion and stimulation of business relations and investments in the two countries (i.e. through Business Forums, Trade Missions, Exhibitions, Trade Fairs etc.)
- To present members’ views to the government and other related bodies and authorities.
Means to achieve the above goals:
- This will be primarily achieved through the registration of a large number of local members to the Association. The major incentive for a business or a professional body to become a member should be the guarantee that his line of business will be promoted directly through the Association and its activities. In addition, members will benefit from direct and practical access to potential business opportunities.
- In co-operation with the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Association provides for its members a further database of contacts that are likely to be useful to them.
- Through the creation of this website, which is linked to the Website of the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce & Industry. This facilitates communication between our members and Austrian business people seeking to do business in Cyprus and at the same time provides access to an extensive network of business contacts.